Monday, March 30, 2009

Music

This form of art has been around for thousands of years. It's fun, it's entertaining and it's very artistic. It takes real creativity to produce good music, actually, there is no good or bad music because it all depends on the audience preference.

We are all born into a world filled with music. Music represents almost everything in this world, love, hate, misery, happiness, fear etc. We relate the music we listen to to however we feel. It's an amazing form of expression to all individuals.

I personally love Western music for the beats used and the wide variety and range of words and lyrics used. I think all Arabic music talk about the same issue over and over again. Same words, same expressions and same everything, just different video clips and sentences. Or maybe I just can't understand all they say, it's a preference. I am one of the few Arabs that don't like listening to Arabic music.

Surprisingly, many people in the West love Middle Eastern music and beats. They are even inspired by the translation of the lyrics and they see Middle Eastern music as a very interesting music art.

Music depends solely on the artist and the audience. It's a form of connection. Not all people like it though, and the ones who like music have different music tastes and preference. I guess I am stuck with the rock/pop/r&b Western music although I am an Arab.